1. Login with your Minecraft username and your website password. Get this password on our server with the /password command.

Expired Claims FAQ

Discussion in 'Expired Claim Auction' started by wazoomie, Apr 3, 2016.

1. wazoomie Staff Administrator Dragon Slayer

What are the types of claims?
    • Chest claim — made automatically when a player places their first chest.
    • Regular claims — made with a golden shovel.

When do claims expire?

• Chest claims expire after 14 days of inactivity.
    • Regular claims expire in 180 days (roughly 6 months), unless the player has more than 5000 claim blocks or bonus claim blocks (from donation packages).

When can I request a claim auction?
    You cannot request a claim auction for any chest claim, only for regular claims. This can be done when there's 5 months of inactivity on the claim.​

How do I make a claim request?
    You can post the coordinates of a claim in this thread in a separate post. Staff will look in to it and decide whether to give it away for free, sell it to you directly, or to place a public auction in this forum section.

Ideally the following information (usually found by hitting the ground within the claim with an oridinary 'stick') will be helpful
    Code:
    Location [x y z]:
    Who Owed it:
    How Big is the claim:
    How long ago were they last seen:
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not

Note From Cannonfoddr:
    I did a post of things that I will consider with Wilderness Claims a while back but it got lost within all the older posts.. I've included a Link Here

2. daniiej Staff Helper Martis Rank Dragon Slayer Wither Friday

Location [x y z]: X: 2871,728 / Y: 83,00000 / Z: -4616,343
    Who Owed it: TimmysaurousRex
    How Big is the claim: 17x17 blocks
    How long ago were they last seen: Offline since 9 months, 19 hours, 10 minutes.
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: I'd like to take over the claim.

[​IMG]
    EDITED by CF: I've checked - small area, no chests, not much in salvageable resources - so no need to put it up for aution. It's all yours !!

3. MilkMan_ Helper Veneris Rank Dragon Slayer Wither Friday Top Voter

Location [x y z]: A set of small claims ranging from (-2524 64 -728) to (-2408 65 -835).
    Who Owed it:
    Cholleenie is the owner of all the small claims.
    How Big is the claim: The largest of the claims is 35x32.
    How long ago were they last seen:
    9 months 14 days.
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: The claims are near to Milktopia, so my intention is to expand the Milktopian Border over the area to protect more of the land surrounding Milktopia, in case of the need to expand. Or to keep from having dirt huts next to the city. Only the land is of interest, what comes of the buildings on the claim doesn't matter to me.

[​IMG]
    EDITED by Cannon:
    Had a look, you're right .. several small claims, by my guesswork ~10-11 of them.. not all the builds are claimed properly either

There's also a LOT of resources there in the chests I've found so far so I've started moving those to a safe area for use as drop party resources

As for the builds, since you're not interested in them - I'm going to consider the area for a 'grief party' in near future (basically clearing the claims & setting a warp there), which after a time - I will regen the area & you can then claim the land

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  4. Snowstorm417 Lunae Rank

There's a claim nearby me, and it looks like it expired already. Can anyone check for me?
    Location [x y z]: 903 77 -1740
    Who Owed it: scpsteve
    How Big is the claim:Unknown (My stick does not show the size)
    How long ago were they last seen:I don't know, but i've never seen him.
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: No, its just that I am curious about the claim.
    Extra note:Vines are overgrown everywhere, so it probably was expired a long time ago

Update: I checked his profile, he was last on at Aug 14, 2015

[​IMG]
    EDITED by Cannonfoddr:
    I've already been informed about this player not being on for quite some time.. he has quite a few 'homes' which I've been working my way through - some of these are on other players claims...
    Those homes I've deleted.

In your case; I've checked the claim it is VERY large though not much in chests there.
    There's several animals in the area so I've decided to unclaim it to allow you access to the sheep etc so that you may transfer them (if you like) to your claim.
    Can you let me know if you are considering 'moving'/'taking over' any of the existing buildings - if not I will regen the area & get rid of those ugly cobblestone buildings

Reply From Snowstorm:
    No, I was just intrested about the claim. I have no intention about taking it over or looting it for animals, resources, etc.
    I think we can auction it, reset it, grief it, whatever. I won't mind anything you do with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2016
  5. _SloppyMcFloppy_ Aletheia Donator Saturni Rank Previous Top Donator

Location [x y z]: x:362 y:26 z:3298
    Who Owed it: coolmattie
    How Big is the claim: 58x58 / 3364 blocks
    How long ago were they last seen: 7 months 2 days and 22 hours
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: i do wish to take over claim

extra information : i help build the claim

[​IMG]
    EDIT by CannonFoddr: Sorted - all yours

6. Aoric 2yrVeteran Donator Veneris Rank Dragon Slayer

Location[x y z]: -4601 65 -2800
    Who Owned it: Aralic
    How Big is the Claim Roughly 38x39
    How Long ago were they last seen: 1 month and 11 days. But the claim is decorated for still decorated for Christmas and has not had any progress on it since then.
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: I do wish to take over the claim since it is located right next to mine.
    Extra Info: I saw the claim before Christmas and it is still in the same state. There is a few chests yet I do not know what is located in them I do not wish to claim the items.

[​IMG]
    EDIT by CannonFoddr: Unfortunately since they were last seen ~ 1 1/2 months ago they are still classed as 'active' despite their decorations are over 5months old.
    It could be they forgot they had that area claimed, forgot to put a sethome & cant find it - or some other weird & wonderful reason. - so the bad news is that at this time, this claim is not available for transfer/removal

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  7. CannonFoddr Staff Moderator Plot of the Week Top Voter

I'm posting this on behalf of Panda_Michael. He posted this Waaay back in old section but now it is relevant

[​IMG]

Player: coolmattie
    Offline: 5 months 7 days Now it's been ~7 1/2months
    Coords: -3953 63 -4352

[​IMG]
    EDITED by Cannonfoddr: Had another look - you now have enough claim blocks (before you didn't) & he's not been on for the required time - so it's all yours now

8. lizstrunk Moderator Saturni Rank Previous Top Donator

Location [x y z]: -1150, 64 3016
    Who Owed it: TheGotFriedNoob
    How Big is the claim: Total space is 940
    How long ago were they last seen: 293 days ago
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: Wouldn't mind, didn't know if you'd wanna do an auction with it as there's stuff there X)

[​IMG]
    EDITED by Cannonfoddr:
    I've had a look - there's is actually 3 small claims in the area belonging to TheGotFriedNoob - totalling 775 blocks.
    There's nothing of too much 'value' in the chests there IMHO, a few enchanted books, some ores
    - Only things I would consider are the heads & the beacon/gold blocks. Considering how few there are.. I'm willing to let you have them IF you still wish to take over all the claims.

Mail me in-game or PM me on Discord to let me know what you want to do

EDIT #2: Ok sorted

9. _SloppyMcFloppy_ Aletheia Donator Saturni Rank Previous Top Donator

Location [x y z]: x:4753 / y: 98 / z: 4929
    Who Owed it: Coolmattie
    How Big is the claim:unknown : normal players dont get claimsize from stick (edit) :Small~medium?
    How long ago were they last seen: 7 months 20 days
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not i do wish to take over the claim

[​IMG]
    EDITED by Cannonfoddr
    Had a look - claim size is actually 4399 blocks, you have plenty though.
    Only valuable thing I can see is the beacon & a few enchanted books & thats about it.. so you're good to have it

10. Camo_LMAO Smitten Donator Veneris Rank Plot of the Week Previous Top Donator Dragon Slayer Top Voter

Location [x y z]: 165 , 70 , 215 (Plotworld Plot)
    Who Owed it: GraphicAxe
    How Big is the claim: 1 Plot
    How long ago were they last seen: 1 year, 24 days.
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: I would like to fully take over the claim (Plot).

EDITED by Cannonfoddr
    OK considering this thread is for expired CLAIMS & not plots, I'm not sure of the proper procedure.
    However I have looked at the PLOT & although GraphicAxe not been on for a while - the plot does have a trusted member... Camiwarrior

I would suggest you contact Cami first & ask if there's anything on there that they would like to retrieve first..
    ...most probably they may want the beacon, iron/gold/diamond/emerald blocks - there's even a couple of dragon eggs there...

then get them to contact me in-game or through discord to let me know when they've finished with the plot....& I'll try & figure out how to transfer plot ownership

EDITED by Cannonfoddr:

[​IMG]
    Camiwarrior Replied:
    I took a look thru the plot, very little on it I was interested in. I transferred the plot over to camo_amo, so this is completed.

11. PyroGlugsVodka Helper Veneris Rank Plot of the Week Dragon Slayer Wither Friday Top Voter

@CannonFoddr are plots not supposed to be cleared instead of transfered

Edited by Cannonfoddr
    iirc the last time such a thing cropped up it was at the discretion of staff involved.. In cases of 'good builds' we have right right to either claim it as 'mcdaily' or move it somewhere else.
    in this case I based it what I would usually do with claims. . Is any1 trusted ? .. who are neighbours ? .. etc etc - see if they want it first.

As you can see below.. Cami had first choice & decided there wasn't anything they wanted - although I'm suprised they didn't want the beacon (& a full pyramid of blocks - some which are diamond blocks) & the 2 dragon eggs.. they'll be a great auction items ... & they've decided to pass it on to someone else

12. camiwarrior Cherished Moderator Saturni Rank Plot of the Week Dragon Slayer Top Voter

I took a look thru the plot, very little on it I was interested in. I transferred the plot over to camo_amo, so this is completed.

13. Panda_Michael Staff Helper Veneris Rank Dragon Slayer Wither Friday Top Voter

GraphicAxe came on with a different account because the Axe one was hacked

14. daniiej Staff Helper Martis Rank Dragon Slayer Wither Friday

Location [x y z]: -4305.099 / 63.00000 / -2618.244
    Who Owed it: MissPhyer
    How Big is the claim: I think 200x200 blocks. Not much build. A few chests. Some dirt island without anything in the sky. And lots of animals which I'm not intressed off.
    How long ago were they last seen: 7 months, 17 days, 1 hour
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: I'd like to take over the claim.

[​IMG]
    Edited By Cannonfoddr

Had a look, yep not a lot there, some chest have a few 'valuable' stuff in (couple of diamonds, some potions). Not too sure why you'd want such an empty claim (for the mobs perhaps ?) but cant see a problem....

15. XtraDark Donator Veneris Rank

Location [x y z]:-3545,65,-878
    Who Owned it: Nobody
    How Big is the claim:~5600 blocks
    How long ago were they last seen: Nobody owns it
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: I wish to take over the entire area, (including all the buildings around it and the farm) and I will buy more land claim blocks too.

EDIT by XtraDark: I just bought some land claim blocks at the store, so I now have enough to claim it.

[​IMG]
    Edited by Cannonfoddr
    OK I admit - I was curious to understand how a claim had 'Nobody' as an owner & on checking I find its a build that not even claimed.. I am unable to find any record of who placed the blocks (gone back ~ 1yr) so have no idea who built it in the first place.

I'm going to assume this is a VERY old claim.
    Since there's not much in resources for a grief party, valuables for use in drop party, or much of a build for an auction - then I cannot see any reason why you cannot claim it for yourself.

Incidentally - I make it around 7100 blocks but you have enough blocks to claim it all anyway

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  16. XtraDark Donator Veneris Rank

Location [x y z]:563, 65, -1336
    Who Owed it: 1timetraveler
    How Big is the claim:its not claimed
    How long ago were they last seen: 1 year 5 months
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: i would like to take over the house

EDITED:
    _SloppyMcFloppy_ Replied:
    if its not claimed then the chests probably been raided already

[​IMG] & [​IMG]

Edited By Cannonfoddr:
    I am unsure to how you know the area is owned by 1timetraveller when there's no claim at that location. There IS however a wooden tower build nearby thats not claimed - however there is a nearby neighbour 'Gamergirl297'

I'm afraid I have to ask her first if she either built the wooden house & forgot to claim it, or if she want to take over the build. so At this time this area is not available to be claimed until I get a reply

17. _SloppyMcFloppy_ Aletheia Donator Saturni Rank Previous Top Donator

if its not claimed then the chests probably been raided already

18. XtraDark Donator Veneris Rank

Location [x y z]: -76, 65, 945
    Who Owed it: nobody
    How Big is the claim: its not claimed
    How long ago were they last seen: never
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: I would like to take over the claim

[​IMG]
    EDITED By CannonFoddr:
    As you have found there's no claim at that location, however the earliest record I can find that had placed something there was a nearby neighbour (smitty123456).

I have to ask him first to see if he knew who built it & whether he wants to take it over for himself first - so currently this is not available to be claimed

[​IMG]
    Got a reply from smitty : "Yeah he can have it as long as he isn't a problem"
    So it's all yours now

19. _SloppyMcFloppy_ Aletheia Donator Saturni Rank Previous Top Donator

this technically counts as spam?

20. XtraDark Donator Veneris Rank

Location [x y z]: -341,65,1223
    Who Owed it:Nobody
    How Big is the claim: its not claimed
    How long ago were they last seen: never
    Whether you wish to take over the claim or not: I would like to claim the area

[​IMG]
    EDITED by Cannonfoddr:

Guess what... yep this isn't claimed but there's actually 2 neighbours nearby I have to ask first...
    ... Smerky15 and berries101. Until I get a reply from them both this is not avaialble to be claimed

[​IMG]